Sunday, October 4, 2015

Mad!




C is starting to learn the days of the week. She has been the calendar person for an entire month. Each day she helps me put up the day of the week.

The kids are happily singing the days of the week song.

The kids are exploring the happy and mad looking glasses. 

M is smiling to match his looking glass.



What makes you mad? The children are exploring ways to swat the floor. Afterwards, I spread out the sight word labels on the floor to pretend they were mosquitoes.

K is pretending his hand is a fly swatter.

K found a site word in the dinosaur book.


The children discussed how they felt today. They had a discussion about how they felt and why. 

The kids followed along while I read them a story. I encouraged them to point to each word as I read each page. 

How would you feel if you missed the bus? 


The children helped me spread out paper cups with shapes and numbers written on the bottom. I carefully slid a counting bus under one cup and allowed each child to take a guess which cup was hiding the bus. 




M found the bus.


The children learned that squeezing goo can help them to calm down when they are mad. Each child helped me put ingredients together to form goo. 


N is adding corn starch to 1 part conditioner.

This part was a little messy, but the kids had fun.

S wants to see what all the fun is about. 



Outdoor fun!


Mother Goose Time

No comments:

Post a Comment